Sunday, April 13, 2008

1 Samuel 3 : 1-10

Today is Sunday. So I went to church for having a service. I used to be person in charge (PIC) for preparing youth services for the last 2 years and it was so tired. So I thought after I finished my duty as PIC I'd just better go to general service rather stay at youth service with all the complexity inside it. I was thinking to avoid the youth service for a while to refresh myself.

But today something in my heart push me to keep going to youth service. I dont know why. My mind keep asking me like this while I'm walking to the service room separating with my family who take general service, "What if the service is boring?? How if you can't enjoy it??" My logic keep telling me to avoid the youth service since lately I've been quite boring there. But my heart told me another thing. I miss my friends there. I miss taking part in it. I want to be there and doing something that can make a better change. So I just take the risk and keep going to my youth service.

Since the very first beginning of the service I've enjoyed it so much. I really enjoy the praise and worship time but I worried the preach time. Last time the same pastor preached was very boring and I hardly can keep my mind focused and my eyes opened. But amazingly the preaching is so good..! I don't feel sleepy at all and my mind and heart are open to listen.

The bible passages are taken from 1 Samuel 3 : 1-10. Here is the passages.
The LORD Calls Samuel
1 The boy Samuel ministered before the LORD under Eli. In those days the word of the LORD was rare; there were not many visions.

2 One night Eli, whose eyes were becoming so weak that he could barely see, was lying down in his usual place.

3 The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the temple [a] of the LORD, where the ark of God was. 4 Then the LORD called Samuel.
Samuel answered, "Here I am." 5 And he ran to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me."
But Eli said, "I did not call; go back and lie down." So he went and lay down.

6 Again the LORD called, "Samuel!" And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me."
"My son," Eli said, "I did not call; go back and lie down."

7 Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD : The word of the LORD had not yet been revealed to him.

8 The LORD called Samuel a third time, and Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me."
Then Eli realized that the LORD was calling the boy. 9 So Eli told Samuel, "Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, 'Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.' " So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10 The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!"
Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening."

Usually we just read it and think everything is fine. Samuel is called and the process is normal just like when other people were called too. But we definitely miss something. There is an important here. At 1 Samuel 3 : 1 we realized if Samuel is already serving at God's house.
The boy Samuel ministered before the LORD under Eli.
But something strange here. At 1 Samuel 3 : 7 the Bible say that Samuel did not yet know God.
Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD : The word of the LORD had not yet been revealed to him.
Have you realized something? How could someone serving God but not know Him?? That's strange but I think that what happens to most of us. Often we know people or even ourself so often go to church and take part in many activities but never know Him personally.

So what to do if that happens to us?? Go back read the passage. At 1 Samuel 3 : 10 the Bible say when God calling Samuel is listening to God.
The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!"
Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening."

So I guess now we all know what we must do right? Open your mind and your heart and start listening to Him. God is so powerful but He never force. He will wait until we are ready to listen then He will speak to us.

That's what I got for today. I don't know how this sharing gonna work but my heart just know I must sharing this to you all. I don't need to know all the process how this sharing gonna help you. But I'll just do my part and let God do the rest. God bless you all....! ^o^

1 comment:

  1. yeah, sometimes, we are afraid of something that don't neccessarily happen. if that feeling happened, i have learned that what we should do is to do it without concerning anything.

    Just Do It, like what NIKE's said.

    By the way, salam kenal, aku nemuin blogmu juga kebetulan, dari TPC.

    ReplyDelete